CALENDAR OF UPCOMING EVENTS
- Winter 2018/19: Rescue operations planned in West Africa - we need your help!
RECENT ACTIVITIES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- September 2018: ASN assists with rescue on Lake Volta
- March 8, 2018: ASN attends the Soroptomist Human Trafficking Event (Ventura CA).
- May 10, 2017: ASN speaks at a Camarillo Rotary meeting.
- April 25, 2017: Dinner fundraiser at Winchester's Grill in Ventura.
- April 7, 2017: ASN hosts "Let Freedom Sing" - a dinner, musical, multimedia event
- March 8, 2017: ASN attends the Soroptomist Human Trafficking Event (St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Ventura CA)
- February 28, 2017: ASN visits St. Edmund's Episcopal Church in San Marino, CA
- January 28, 2017: ASN attends STEPS Conference (Steps to Eliminate Poverty Sustainably) at California Lutheran University
- December 19, 2016: ASN-funded rescue operations conclude in West Africa. A total of 18 children are rescued from slavery.
- December 3, 2016: Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles declares itself an abolitionist diocese:
- December 2016: ASN members contribute interviews to The Episcopal News magazine. Read the e-magazine HERE (see page 10)!
- December 2016: 15 children identified for rescue in Ghana. Timetable for rescue pushed-up to December 10th.
- November 2016: ASN members speak to a total of 500 people at nine different assemblies to promote the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles becoming an Abolitionist Diocese.
- September 2016: ASN obtains clergy endorsement of resolution for the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles to become an Abolitionist Diocese
- September 2016: ASN hosts teaming session with Challenging Heights
- July 2016: ASN meets with 16 children in Ghana safe house after rescue from slavery
- July 2016: ASN begins GoFundMe campaign to fund the next rescue operation
- June 2016: 16 children rescued from slavery through ASN-funded operation
- March 2016: ASN provides CHALLENGING HEIGHTS a donation of $15,000 to assist with child rescue operations on Lake Volta in Ghana.
- March 2016: ASN is recognized by the IRS as a public charity
- February 2016: ASN receives a grant of $5,000 from St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Ventura, CA.
- January 2016: ASN completes congregational study process as St.Paul's Episcopal Church (Ventura, California) declares itself an abolitionist congregation
Abolish Slavery Now
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved